CKH celebrates 1,000 lettings milestone | Latest news and updates

  1. Contrast:

CKH celebrates 1,000 lettings milestone

Our Property Lettings team has supported 1,000 people to move home since formally leaving Peterborough City Council’s Choice-based lettings service, just over a year ago.

Over this time, our Property Lettings team has worked diligently to identify the right homes to offer as direct lets to deliver against their new and improved standards, to ensure as quick a turnaround as possible of  empty properties.

In a special ceremony to mark the achievement, resident Devon Mandley, who was the 1,000 resident to be re-housed, had a bouquet of flowers presented to her by our Voids and Lettings Adviser, Louise Richardson.

Miss Mandley, who upsized from a one-bed flat to a two-bed house in Eastifeld, said: “I cannot thank Cross Keys Homes enough for the support they have given me to help me find a home more suited to my needs. I absolutely love living here and both my four year old son and I now have a bedroom each, which has made the world of difference to us.”

Following our departure from Peterborough’s affordable housing allocation system, we now let 25% of vacant homes ourselves to residents who are predominantly on our transfer list. The remaining 75% of available homes within Peterborough continue to be allocated by Peterborough City Council.

CKH Director of Housing Needs, Stuart Fort, said: “This is a fantastic achievement for us during what has been a challenging and unpredictable time. We’ve managed to continue to let our homes even during the various lockdowns to ensure we help those who are in need of an affordable home. We  are delighted to have been able to help so many of our existing residents transfer thanks to our new more efficient and responsive lettings process.” 

Of the 1,000 people who we have helped to re-house, over 200 of them have been transfer requests from existing residents living in homes that no longer suit their needs.

We have also continued with our development drive to provide many more new affordable homes within the region, with new homes being developed in Huntingdonshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, South Kesteven and Milton Keynes over the last year.

If you are already a resident of CKH and would like to find out more about applying to transfer to another one of our properties, visit our Move Home webpage to find out more.