News story published on 16 November 2015
Welcome to Community Impact Week!
This is the week where we will be joining with other housing associations up and down the country to share and celebrate the impact we have on the communities we work in and on the lives of the people we work with.
Did you know:
- Housing associations provide homes for more than five million people.
- Across the country we invest around £750m into our communities every year.
- In the last three years 12,000 new apprentices have been employed directly by housing associations.
- 11% of the population are in fuel poverty - we are working hard to help these people with practical measures in their homes and advice on saving money.
- The number of older people with a care need is set to rise by 61% by 2032 - housing associations provide specialist housing and support for these people.
- Housing associations have built one in five new homes in the last five years.
This week we want to show you just how much CKH is delivering, and how we work to get it right for our communities and partners.
- To people like 93 year old George who can stay in his own home because of our Lifeline emergency alarm.
- To people like Zoey, who can afford extra lessons for her children now we have fitted solar panels and lifted her out of fuel poverty.
- To Shannon who has turned her life around and embarked on a promising career, thanks to our pre-apprenticeship scheme.
- To Jason who was helped through a tough time by our hostels service.
We will also be celebrating our tenants on Wednesday as we take part in the Twitter campaign for #HousingDay.
So please, join us in a week of celebration of all that is great about social housing and the positive impact it has on thousands of lives every day.