For the latest information about how we're managing our services in line with government guidance, read our Coronavirus (Covid-19) update

Back to the list

Anti-social behaviour: my neighbours are really noisy and disrupting my life, what can I do about it?

If the noise could be defined as normal household noise, like children running and playing or people using their homes, it isn't considered anti-social behaviour (ASB). 

A good place to start is by talking to your neighbour, they may not be aware that they are having an impact on your life.

If talking to your neighbour doesn't help, our Anti-Social Behavior team may be able to help. We will ask for evidence of the issue and ask you to fill in diary sheets before any we take any action. 

We will investigate cases of:

  • Persistent and excessive noise nuisance, such as loud music
  • Verbal abuse
  • Hate incidents and hate crimes
  • Violence
  • Criminal behaviour such as damage

We will not accept reports of:

  • Household noise and noise caused by children
  • Disputes between neighbours  
  • Reports relating to drug related activity, these should always be reported to the police.

To report ASB, please complete our form with as much detail as possible. Or text 'ASB' followed by a description of the problem to 60066

If you, or someone you know, is experiencing domestic abuse or violence, contact the freephone, 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline 0808 2000 247 or visit or the Respect Mens Advice line on freephone 0808 8010327 or visit

  1. Residents FAQs

We're here for you

We may be working differently at the moment, but we’re still here to help you in any way we can. 

From collecting prescription medication to helping with benefit applications, we’re working with our customers to make sure everyone has the support they need.

Our Be Kind fund is here to help our customers who are struggling with the impact of Covid-19.

If you need help, please complete our Be Kind form and a member of the team will contact you.