For the latest information about how we're managing our services in line with government guidance, read our Coronavirus (Covid-19) update

Back to the list

Contents insurance: why do I need home contents insurance?

As your landlord, we do not provide insurance cover for your contents or belongings. Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one. It's also best to shop around to make sure you find the best deal for you. 

As a CKH resident, you have the option to find out more about a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy, called the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited.

My Home Contents Insurance can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

To find out more visit or call Thistle on 0345 450 7288. Or apply for cover online with the My Home Contents Insurance Application Pack.pdf.  

The small print

Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

The Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at

  1. Residents FAQs