Right to Buy: What is Right to Buy?
If you were a secure tenant of Peterborough City Council at the time your property was transferred to Cross Keys Homes in October 2004, you might qualify for the Preserved Right to Buy your property. If you move to a different property owned by us, your Preserved Right to Buy will go with you to your new home.
You don’t have the Preserved Right to Buy if:
• You’re an assured tenant and don’t hold an assured protected tenancy
• Your home is rented to you in relation to your employment
• The courts have issued a possession order for you to leave your home
• You are undergoing bankruptcy proceedings
• You live in housing specially provided for older people and, in certain cases, disabled people.
If you're not eligible for Right to Buy, you might be able to buy your home using the Right to Acquire.
We are awaiting further clarity following the Government’s right to buy expansion plan proposal (announced in June 2022) and will update our guidance for tenants once this has been released.
- Residents FAQs