Selling your home
Cross Keys Homes will assist with the proposed sale of your shared ownership property.
We will seek to find a buyer for the property within an eight week period, called the ‘nomination period’. If we find a buyer, we will charge you a nominal fee of 1.5% of the current value of your share.
If we do not find a buyer for you within this period you are then free to sell your share via an estate agent. (Please note point 5 below).
The general outline of the process is as follows:
1. You notify us of your intention to sell in writing, along with your name, address, telephone number and email address to:
The Sales Team
Cross Keys Homes
Or email: email@example.com
2. A formal valuation will need to be carried out by a qualified (RICS) surveyor. If you don’t still have the Energy Performance Certificate that came with your home when you purchased it (these are valid for 10 years), the surveyor will also need to provide one of these at the same time as the valuation. As part of our service, we can arrange a valuation for you by an independent surveyor, at a lower cost than is typical.
The current fees through ourselves are:
£150 including VAT
£47.50 plus VAT = £57 (if required)
Payment can be made over the phone, by cheque, cash or bank transfer.
Once payment is received the surveyor will be instructed and will contact you directly to make an appointment to visit.
3. Once the valuation & EPC have been produced and approved by both you and ourselves, you will confirm your instruction to us along with photos, a brief description of your home and anything included with the purchase (e.g. furnishings, flooring). A non-refundable administration fee of £150 will be payable. The eight week nomination period can then begin and we will seek to find a buyer for your share at the value defined in the surveyor’s report.
Please note that your share cannot be sold at a price other than that defined within this formal valuation report.
4. During the nomination period we will market your home to our database and via our own & the local ‘Help to Buy Agent’ websites. When someone expresses an interest, their eligibility for shared ownership and affordability in relation to the price of your share will be assessed. All being well, we will then forward your contact details to them so that you can arrange a viewing.
5. If we are unable to find a suitable buyer, you will then be free to market your home through an estate agent.
Please note that if you are outside the nomination period and are marketing your share via an estate agent, this must be still at the price defined in the surveyor’s report and to an applicant who will be qualified by ourselves as above.
6. If the applicant agrees to purchase your share, the process then proceeds like a standard property sale and you will need to appoint a solicitor to act on your behalf. (We can put you in touch with one that has experience in this area).
7. During the legal process, your solicitor may have some ‘enquiries’ on the property which need to be answered by ourselves. These should be sent to our Leasehold Team (at the same address as in point 1). The Leasehold Team can be contacted by phone on 01733 385036, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Sales Team if you want to discuss things in principle prior to proceeding:
By phone - 01733 396406 (9-5, Mon-Fri)
By email - email@example.com
The above information is provided as a general guide only. Please be aware that there may be variations to the process and within the contents of your Shared Ownership lease that need to be taken into account. Also, costs may vary and should be confirmed with ourselves prior to proceeding.