The easy, manageable way to buy
Having a real stake in your home is a great feeling and shared ownership makes this a realistic option; one which tens of thousands of people across the country have already taken up.
- You buy and own a significant financial share in your home, rather than just renting with no return.
- Your combined monthly mortgage and ‘rent’ - the fee we charge on the bit you haven’t bought - are considerably less than buying outright and often around the same as renting an equivalent home.
- You don’t need a really big deposit, as it’s based on the share you’re buying, rather than the whole property value.
- You can buy more shares at any time...until it’s all yours. (We call this ‘Staircasing up’).
- Or, if you want to move on, you simply sell your share for its market value at the time.
As a headline example:
- Full market value = £175,000
- 40% share = £70,000
- 5% deposit required = £3,500
- Monthly mortgage = £341*
- Monthly fee = £241
- Total monthly mortgage and fee = £582
* This example is based on a mortgage rate of 4.59% and a term of 30 years. Please note that rates & terms vary.
Front page image SO