Selling your home
Following the latest government guidance, we are now able to market our current customers’ homes for sale.
Please contact Chloe on 01733 396414 or email email@example.com to talk to us about selling your home.
We aim to help with the sale of your shared ownership home. The Government says that we have two months to help you find a buyer who will benefit from a shared ownership home.
Tell us you want to sell your home.
Email us your name, address and telephone number: firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the team will be in touch to start the process.
Initially, we have eight weeks to find you a buyer. That’s because your buyer needs to be eligible for shared ownership, just like when you first bought your home. We will charge you a fee of 1.5% of the current value of your share if we find a buyer.
If we do not find a buyer for you within eight weeks, you can sell your share via an estate agent. The same eligibility requirements apply to any buyer you find.
What to expect
1. A formal valuation will tell us how much your home is worth. The government dictates that this valuation is final and your share can only be sold for the amount set by a qualified surveyor. We can arrange a valuation for you which costs about £150.
2. After the valuation, you confirm you still want to sell. Then we advertise your home. You’ll pay a £150 admin fee at this stage. We have eight weeks to find you a buyer. We check out any interested buyers and if they meet the eligibility criteria, we pass you their details to arrange a viewing.
3. If finding a buyer takes longer than eight weeks you can work with an estate agent to find your own buyer. We will approve any buyer you find based on their eligibility and ability to afford the share you are selling.
4. One you have a buyer, you appoint a solicitor to take care of the legal side of things.
5. Everyone’s solicitors will work on getting the paperwork in order before a moving date is agreed.
Please note, this information is provided as a general guide, there may be variations to the process and within your lease that need to be considered. Costs may vary and we will confirm these with you at the time.
Contact the Sales team if you want to find out more before deciding to sell:
Call us on 01733 396406 (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday)