Total results: 13
  1. Anti-social behaviour: I think my neighbours might be doing something illegal, how can I report them?

    You should report any potential criminal behaviour to the Police, call them on 101 to report a non-emergency. 

    In an emergency, call them on 999

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  2. Anti-social behaviour: my neighbours are really noisy and disrupting my life, what can I do about it?

    If the noise could be defined as normal household noise, like children running and playing or people using their homes, it isn't considered anti-social behaviour (ASB). 

    A good place to start is by talking to your neighbour, they may not be aware that they are having an impact on your life.

    If talking to your neighbour doesn't help. our Anti-Social Behavior team may be able to help. We will ask for evidence of the issue and ask you to fill in diary sheets before any we take any action. 

    The team can help with: 

    • Serious noise nuisance (such as persistent loud music, showing, parties)
    • Intimidation or harassment
    • Threatening language or behaviour
    • Any form of hate crime
    • Violence including domestic violence / abuse
    • Alcohol related nuisance

    To talk about ASB, call us on 01733 385000, email us, or Text ASB and your message to 60066.

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  3. Community: Can I have a say in how CKH services are run?

    We’d love to hear what you think of our services! There’s a choice of ways you can get involved with CKH, find out more on our ‘get involved’ page.

    We’ll also send you a text or email after you contact us to ask how we did. Your responses help us to spot ways we could be doing things better.

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  4. Contents insurance: why do I need home contents insurance?

    As your landlord, we do not provide insurance cover for your contents or belongings. Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

    It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one. It's also best to shop around to make sure you find the best deal for you. 

    As a CKH resident, you have the option to find out more about a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy, called the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz Insurance plc.

    My Home Contents Insurance can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

    To find out more: 

    • Pop into Customer Central or call us on 01733 385000 to ask for an application pack
    • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
    • Visit the for more information or to request a call back.


    The small print

    The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  5. Managing my account: What's MyCKH?

    MyCKH is a secure way to manage your tenancy online. Create an account today for instant access to your current rent statement and personal details. With MyCKH you can:

    • Make a payment
    • View your rent statement 
    • Report a repair
    • Update your details
    • Request additional services.
    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  6. Rent: I've lost my rent payment card, how do I order a new one?

    Please call 01733 385000 or email to order a new card.  It normally takes between 3 and 5 working days to arrive by post.

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  7. Rent: Where can I find a copy of my rent statement?

    You can view a rent statement detailing all of the transactions on your account for the last six months at anytime on the statements and charges page on MyCKH. 

    If you haven't registered yet, just use your payment reference number, date of birth and email address to activate your account. 

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  8. Repairs: How do I report a repair?

    Report a repair online via MyCKH, you can tell us about issues 24/7 and we'll get back to you within two working days.

    In an emergency, call us on 01733 385030.

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  9. Right to Acquire: what is right to acquire?

    You might be able to buy your home using the right to acquire if you are a secure or assured tenant and have been a public sector tenant for at least three years. You might be classed as a public sector tenant if you've lived in a home provided by a local authority, the armed forces, fire service or police authority.

    Your home must be:

    • a property that was transferred to Cross Keys Homes from Peterborough City Council
    • a property that was built or acquired by Cross Keys Homes with public funds
    • a qualifying property registered with the Homes and Communities Agency as a Registered Social Landlord.

    We will be able to tell you if your home fits this criteria.

    You won't be eligible if there is a court order evicting you from your home, you are declaring bankruptcy, or your home is specifically provided for older or vulnerable people.

    The amount of discount currently available is £9,000. If you sell the property within five years of buying it, you’ll have to pay back a percentage of the discount we gave you

    To find out more call us on: 01733 385000 or email us. Download the right to Acquire application form.pdf 

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  10. Right to Buy: What is Right to Buy?

    If you were a secure tenant of Peterborough City Council at the time your property was transferred to Cross Keys Homes in October 2004, you might qualify for the Preserved Right to Buy your property. If you move to a different property owned by us, your Preserved Right to Buy will go with you to your new home.

    You don’t have the Preserved Right to Buy if:

    • You’re an assured tenant and don’t hold an assured protected tenancy
    • Your home is rented to you in relation to your employment
    • The courts have issued a possession order for you to leave you home
    • You are undergoing bankruptcy proceedings
    • You live in housing specially provided for older people and, in certain cases, disabled people.

    Download a  Right to Buy Application Form.pdf [pdf] and the Right to Buy Guide.pdf[pdf].

    If you're not eligible for Right to Buy, you might be able to buy your home using the Right to Acquire.

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  11. Support: Can you help me with Universal Credit and other money questions?

    Our Money Advice Service offers free, confidential support with money matters – including Universal Credit, benefits, budgeting and debt management. To get in touch, login and complete our simple money advice form on MyCKH.

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  12. Tenancy agreement: How can I view my tenancy agreement?

    You can request a copy of your tenancy agreement at any time using the useful services page on MyCKH. Just login and complete the quick form. Our Customer Services team will aim to email you a copy within two working days of receiving your request.

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
  13. Tenancy agreement: What are my rights and responsibilities?

    Your rights and responsibilities are explained in detail in your tenancy agreement that you signed before you moved in.

    We expect you to:

    • Pay your rent in full and on time

    • Keep your home in good repair

    • Be a respectful neighbour.

    In return, you can expect us to:

    • Be a responsible landlord who prioritises your safety

    • Maintain your home through our repairs service

    • Offer support and advice to help you manage your tenancy

    • Make it easy for you to pay your rent online, over the phone or in person.

    1. Residents FAQs
    Back to top
Total results: 13