Advice and support

Money Advice 

Our Money Advice Service is here to support you with money matters, from everything to managing your daily budget to applying for Universal Credit. Request a call back using our money advice form

You can also try our benefit calculator to see what financial help is available to you or get a better understanding of what you're spending using our budgeting tool.  

Household Support Fund

The government has created a Household Support Fund to help people who are struggling to stay on top of the bills. You may be able to claim support to help with essentials, such as utilities, through the Household Support Fund. Citizens Advice (for adults aged 18 to pensionable age) and  Age UK (adults above pensionable age) are administering the fund on behalf of Peterborough City Council and can guide you through the process. Check the website of your local council for information about how to access the fund in other areas.

Specialist support

Call our Customer First team on 01733 385000 to find out more about the specialist support we can offer to residents who are struggling to maintain their tenancies due to disability or mental ill health. 

Anti-social behaviour

We also have a specialist team on hand to support with serious issues with anti-social behaviour (ASB), we work closely with the Police and other local agencies to make sure everyone living in our communities can enjoy their home in peace. 

We do not investigate reports of:

  • Disputes between neighbours  
  • Reports relating to drug related activity, these should always be reported to the police.

Take a look at our frequently asked questions to learn more about what we can investigate and how to report matters. Find out how we tackle ASB in our communties in our ASB statement.pdf.  

Other support services that can help with ASB include:

  • Cambridgeshire Police non-emergency – call 101 or report online 
  • Victim Support Cambridgeshire – call freephone 0800 781 6818
  • Victim Support out of hours – call freephone 0808 16 89 111
  • Your local council can help investigate cases of statutory noise nuisance.

If you have experienced persistent anti-social behaviour and have reported this to us, the police or your local council you may be able request a multi-agency case review of the way the case is being managed to make further recommendations, where appropriate. This process may vary slightly depending on the area you live in.