Volunteer with CKH and make a difference!
At CKH we believe in the power of volunteering. Becoming a volunteer and helping out in your community can be an amazing and life changing experience, and volunteering with CKH means you’ll be completely supported throughout your volunteer journey.
The reasons people volunteer are many. For some it’s a social experience and for others it’s a stepping stone into paid work. Here are some reasons to get involved. Maybe you identify with some of them?
- make a difference to the lives of others
- help the environment
- help to build community spirit
- feel valued and part of a team
- spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- gain confidence and self-esteem.
If you’re looking for work, volunteering can be a great first step. You’ll
- gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- developing existing skills and knowledge
- learn teamwork
- be able to demonstrate to an employer your commitment
- gain a reference
Or you might just want to use volunteering as a way to meet new people and make new friends. Through volunteering with CKH you’ll become part of a supportive team.