LifeLine Annual Report 2020-21
Our LifeLine service goes from strength to strength, providing the cornerstone for our growing support service for older people. Our LifeLine is provided in all our retirement and extra care housing provision and continues to give people peace of mind, that help is just the touch of a button away.
Our care and LifeLine service work hand-in-hand to offer joined up solutions, tailored to the person, working closely with social and health care professionals to support and promote independent living.
Our successful work with local authorities reinforces the huge impact assistive technology and telecare, working in combination with traditional care, can have by providing emergency support while helping people manage their wellbeing.
Our care, LifeLine, retirement housing and extra care housing teams all work closely together to provide a seamless, integrated service to offer our customers the perfect level of support to suit their needs at any time in their life. Our flexible service also changes as those needs change, to ensure customers receive the support, dignity and independence they desire and deserve.
Find out more about our services, or pop into Customer Central, Bridge Street, Peterborough, where our team will be happy to answer your questions.
Here’s how we performed over the past year
We received 1,867 responses to the annual satisfaction survey. The results showed that:
- 99.78% of customers are satisfied with the quality of the service they received from LifeLine.
- 100% of customers are satisfied with the speed of response to their calls.
- 99.72% find our LifeLine team helpful.
- 99.43% feel that their LifeLine represents good value for money.
- 99.78% would recommend LifeLine to someone else.
We received no complaints about our service.
During the year we received 151 compliments.
Thank you to all our customers who took the time to complete our survey or contacted us with feedback. It’s your feedback that allows us to tailor our LifeLine service to meet your needs. Here’s what some of our customers said:
- “I just wanted to send huge thanks to the whole team for everything you have done for Mum, getting her help when needed. The whole family are very grateful that you are always here for her.” Daughter of Mrs M
- “We’re very grateful for the LifeLine service as it has been peace of mind and great for our father’s quality of life.” Family of Mr L
- “Thank you for getting help when I felt dizzy. I was taken to hospital and diagnosed as having had a mini stroke. I’m so very thankful for the help I got from LifeLine. It could have been so much worse without your prompt help.” Mrs D, LifeLine customer
- “Thank you for the great service and in particular when my mum fell over. I was so impressed by how calmly and efficiently the situation was dealt with.” Daughter of Mrs L
- 100% of 124 critical repairs to LifeLine equipment were completed within 48 hours.
- 100% of 458 non-critical repairs to LifeLine equipment were completed within 11 days.
Call volume and response times:
- 11,965 LifeLine connections are currently monitored by our Control Centre.
- A total of 445,930 calls came through the Control Centre in the year, a decrease of 10,602 from the year before.
- 37,161 calls per month on average.
Our call response times over the year (April 2020 - March 2021) have exceeded our targets again.
- 98.53% (target 97.5%) of calls were answered within 60 seconds.
- 99.84% (target 99%) of calls were answered within 180 seconds.
During the year we called an ambulance to service users 6,317 times, the fire service 520 times and the police 134 times.
- 100% of 829 non-urgent installations were completed within 15 working days.
- 98.65% of 148 urgent installations were completed within two days.