Looking for work?
Our TWIP partners are here to help you find the support and training you need to get the job of your dreams. During lockdown, a number of our partners and other organisations have moved their support online, and you can see some of the opportunites available to you here.
CKH Careers Club
Are you looking for work and need a helping hand to land the job of your dreams? Whether you have recently lost your job, or have been job hunting for a while now, the CKH Careers Club, in partnership with employment specialists AIR Learning, is here to help you to get on the right path.
Online and telephone support is available for all ages and backgrounds, and we can help you, completely free of charge.
The support we provide is completely tailor-made for your individual circumstances and needs and includes:
- A one to one assessment of your skills and experience, along with your career aims to determine your pathway to employment.
- Finding out the best places to see the job opportunities you are looking for.
- Support and advice on writing your CV and completing application forms that target your skills and experience, and ensure you maximise your chance of getting an interview.
- Interview skills that will give you the edge against other candidates. Plus, you’ll be able to have practice interviews to be able to give you the confidence for the real thing.
- A programme of training and qualifications that you can access to ensure you have all the skills you need for your dream job. From IT skills to getting a degree, we’ll help you to reach your full potential.
So, if you think our personal approach to getting you back to work sounds good, don’t delay and get in touch with us today and get on the path to work.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Gain a qualification from your own home, with City College Peterborough
If you have been furloughed or made redundant, or are looking to upskill or just learn something new, City College Peterborough is offering you FREE training online with tutor support.
The courses are via their new online learning platform and you will receive support from the tutor via email, as and when you need it. These courses are available to anyone who is unemployed, employed or furloughed free of charge.
You must be 19 years of age or over and have a good understanding of English language, to at least a level 1.
Health and Care Sector Work Academy
The Health and Care Sector Work Academy are pleased to offer an Introduction to Health and Social Care course via online learning. If you're keen to gain a FREE qualification during lockdown, and embark on a career in the health and care sector we've got the perfect opportunity for you!
- You'll gain the Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care and learn the theory behind the care certificate
- Taught in tutor-led, 3 hour online sessions via Microsoft Teams, twice a week in groups of up to 4 learners
- Mentor support is provided from the start of your course to help get your CV in shape and discover the right career pathway for you
To be eligible for our free qualification, you must be aged 18 or over and in receipt of an in or out of work benefit. We ask all learners to complete a basic English skills assessment and have a telephone interview with a mentor before enrolment.
For more information, or to refer yourself to the Academy, please get in touch!
Telephone: 0800 310 1160
There are lots of resources available from TCHC to help you back into work, including:
Online Training Courses: We’ve now expanded our digital training offer to include a wide range of courses in the following areas: Accounting and Finance, Childcare and Education, Business, Leadership and Management, Health and Safety, Health and Social Care, Retail and Hospitality, Personal Development and Employability.
Funded training for those in or out of work: Our Skills Support for the Workforce, Skills Support for the Unemployed and Adult Education Budget programmes are moving online to continue to provide funded training for eligible learners in order to help boost your career prospects.
Class2Cloud: Our Class2Cloud platform is the ideal platform for flexible, remote learning for anyone looking for help with Functional Skills Maths and English. As well as anyone looking to get more computer savvy with our I.T. and Social Media user skills.
Redundancy Outplacement Service: Anyone who’s at risk or been made redundant/furloughed can now access our redundancy support online. We can help you to move forward, understand the options available and prepare to take the next steps.
National Careers Service:
Whether you have just been made redundant, been furloughed, lost your job for other reasons, or have been out of work for some time, we are here to help.
Our professional Careers Advisers provide free up to date, impartial information and advice to help you move on in work and life.
Our support will provide you with the self-confidence, motivation and skills to help you achieve your goals.
We can help you to:
- Review your current situation & identify your skills
- Identify training needs
- Understand effective job search methods
- Find a course to get new skills and qualifications
- Develop your CV and interview skills
- Get matched to available jobs
To book an appointment contact us by email at NationalCareersServiceNCC@futuresforyou.com or call 0800 917 94 19.