For the latest information about how we're managing our services in line with government guidance, read our Coronavirus (Covid-19) update

Back to the list

Right to Acquire: what is right to acquire?

You might be able to buy your home using the right to acquire if you are a secure or assured tenant and have been a public sector tenant for at least three years. You might be classed as a public sector tenant if you've lived in a home provided by a local authority, the armed forces, fire service or police authority.

Your home must be:

• a property that was transferred to Cross Keys Homes from Peterborough City Council
• a property that was built or acquired by Cross Keys Homes with public funds
• a qualifying property registered with the Homes and Communities Agency as a Registered Social Landlord.

We will be able to tell you if your home fits this criteria.

You won't be eligible if there is a court order evicting you from your home, you are declaring bankruptcy, or your home is specifically provided for older or vulnerable people.

The amount of discount currently available is £9,000. If you sell the property within five years of buying it, you’ll have to pay back a percentage of the discount we gave you

If you would like to submit a right to acquire request, download and complete the right to Acquire application form.pdf  and email to or send to Cross Keys Homes, Shrewsbury Avenue, Peterborough PE2 7BZ.

  1. Residents FAQs