Selling your home
Contact Anj Dawson on 01733 385066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to us about selling your home.
We aim to support with the sale of your home and work with experienced partners to help you find a buyer.
The Government says that as a shared owner, you can only sell your home to a buyer who will benefit from a shared ownership home. There are specific steps you must follow before putting your home on the market but it’s a simple process and we’re here to support you throughout.
Tell us you want to sell your home
First, email us stating your intention to sell along with your name, address and telephone number at email@example.com . A member of the team will be in touch to discuss the next steps and how we can help.
What to expect
1. A formal valuation will tell us how much your home is worth. The government dictates that this valuation is final and your share can only be sold for the amount set by a qualified surveyor.
2. After the valuation, you confirm you still want to sell and provide photos of your home. Then we have eight weeks to find a buyer for you - this is known as the 'nomination period'
3. If we don't find a buyer for your home, you'll need to instruct an estate agent. You can choose your own or we can pass all the details onto our estate agents who will market your home to prospective buyers for a fixed fee of £2,000, plus VAT.
4. One you have a buyer, you appoint a solicitor to take care of the legal side of things. We can put you in touch with a solicitor with experience in shared ownership sales.
5. Everyone’s solicitors will work on getting the paperwork in order before a moving date is agreed.
Please note, this information is provided as a general guide, there may be variations to the process and within your lease that need to be considered. Costs may vary and we will confirm these with you at the time.
Contact the Sales team if you want to find out more before deciding to sell:
Call Anj on 01733 385066 or start a Live Chat (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday)