Service charges are issued annually to most leaseholders at the end of September.
The service charge typically includes items such as repairs and maintenance, planned works, buildings insurance and the management fee.
Please note that service charges will vary depending upon the terms of your individual lease. If there is no service charge applicable to your leasehold property we will write to advise you.
Should you have any queries regarding your invoice, please contact 01733 385142 or email: email@example.com.
What are service charges?
These are the charges you pay to Cross Keys Homes for your share of the cost of managing, maintaining, repairing, insuring and providing services to the block you live in. The charges you pay depend on the terms of your lease. We must send you our demands for service charge payments in relation to repairs and maintenance within 18 months of either the costs being incurred, or the last time we told you that costs would be incurred.
Service charges are divided into four areas:
- Repairs and maintenance (including major works if applicable)
- Management and administration
You may have additional charges to pay if you purchase a property with extra facilities such as:
- Caretaking services
- Cleaning communal areas
- Lift services
- Door entry systems
- Communal boiler
- Communal gardens
Repairs and maintenance: We will carry out regular maintenance to make sure the exterior and structure of your home is wind and weatherproof.
Services: Services covers items such as communal lighting, cleaning, caretaking, lift maintenance and grounds maintenance.
Management and administration charges: We try to minimise our management and administration charges as far as possible. These charges cover the following costs and tasks:
- Providing a leasehold management service
- Service charge calculation
- Collecting and accounting for service charge payments
- Recovery of arrears
- Arranging buildings insurance (where applicable)
- Handling insurance claims
- Responding to customer queries
- Provision of a response based repairs’ service for those items which we are responsible for maintaining
- Undertaking inspection visits
- Consulting with leaseholders about management issues
- Providing newsletters and handbooks
- Holding regular leaseholder forum meetings
- Sundry expenditure such as stationery, telephones and IT systems
How is the service charge set?
The service charge year runs from April 1, to March 31, each year. By the end of September in each service charge year we will send you a service charge invoice which shows the following:
- An estimate of the costs we expect to have to pay during the current year
- The actual costs for the previous year based on our accounting records
- The difference between the actual costs and the estimated costs that we charged you in the previous year. If the actual costs are greater than the amount we estimated, we will tell you what the difference is and ask you to make payment. If they are less, we will deduct the difference from the total bill for the current year
- The current balance on your account
- The total amount you need to pay, based on the above breakdown
You can discuss your service charge account with us by calling us on: 01733 385036
How to pay your service charge(s)
You can pay your service charges in a number of ways, such as:
- By telephone with a debit card. You can call an Incomes Advisor on: 01733 396483.
- Via the internet at: www.santanderbillpayment.co.uk
- In person at any of our Neighbourhood Offices in Shrewsbury Avenue, Woodston or Scalford Drive, Welland.
Payment of your invoice is due as soon as you receive it.
If your invoice is more than £250 we can, in certain circumstances, agree payment by instalments by direct debit. To discuss this with an Incomes Advisor please call: 01733 396483.
If you are experiencing difficulty in making payment it is important that you contact us as soon as possible on: 01733 396483 in order to discuss your circumstances.
How do I check my balance?
How do I check my balance?
We will send you a statement every quarter, but you can check your balance any time by calling 01733 385022.
This is an annual payment set out in your lease. The charge is made because your home is built on land owned by us. You can pay this charge in the same way as service charge payments.