An introduction to volunteering
This one day course will give you all the skills you need to become a volunteer, either with CKH or with another organisation.
By the end of the course you will have a full understanding of what volunteering is and the skills, knowledge and experience you need to volunteer in lots of different roles.
In addition you will learn:
- Great customer service skills.
- Appropriate behaviour while volunteering.
- The importance of safeguarding.
- The importance of equality and diversity.
- How to identify Health and Safety hazards in the workplace.
By the end of the course you’ll understand all the benefits of volunteering and how it can change your life for ever!
The course will be available as in person training on Tuesday 7 December, 9.30am - 3.30 pm at the Westwood Community Hub.
It is also available as an online CKH Learning course, available for you to take in your own time.