As a volunteer delivery driver you will be a link between CKH, foodbanks and our residents, getting deliveries of food and provisions to the people who need it. You’ll need a standard UK driving licence, and your own MOT’d and insured vehicle, and we’ll cover your mileage costs. You’ll need to be friendly, patient and positive, as well as able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading shopping.
In return you’ll:
- Be helping people in genuine in need and making a huge difference to their lives.
- Be out and about, building relationships with foodbanks, other volunteers, residents and CKH employees.
- Gain a variety of new skills such as route planning, time management organisation and communication skills.
- Be eligible for a working reference after 3 months in the role
- Receive reasonable travel expenses and other incentives.
- Be a part of CKH’s amazing and supportive Volunteer Team.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer delivery driver, or any of our other volunteering opportunities, pop your details in the form below and we be in touch.
Find out more about our other great volunteering opportunities, including gardening and community litter picking on our Volunteering page.